When it comes to website building, there are a few options to choose from: you can go with website builder tools such as Wix and Weebly, or you can go with a CMS like WordPress. For your Markham web design, we recommend using WordPress. Don’t get us wrong, website builders are great for starters. If you want an easy solution with drag and drop functionality, builders would work well. For more flexibility, WordPress provides a friendly CMS that will answer the needs for any custom, web design in Markham.
Whether you choose to go with a website builder as a simple solution for your website or go with WordPress for more flexibility, CompTech has you covered. We are able to work with many website platforms for web design in Markham, tools, and solutions. Here are some things to consider when making the decision of which system to use for your next website:
- Themes and Plugins – Usually, website builders have limited stock of themes you can choose from. Also, if you want to add special functionality to your website you will need to use plugins, and builders don’t provide many of them. This is where WordPress excels, the large community of designers and developers allow this CMS to be in front of all the others. There is a huge variety of themes and plugins that can be used for any idea in Markham website design. We at CompTech are the WordPress experts and we integrate it all together for you.
- Flexibility – As mentioned before, website builders aren’t very flexible. There are only set functions that you can do with your website. On the other hand, WordPress provides many options to expand such as adding an eCommerce functionality, building a membership or a community site. If you have a website idea you would like to discuss with a web design company in Markham, contact CompTech.
- Maintenance – Even though there are some maintenance tasks involved with WordPress, it is still user-friendly. Website builders don’t require as much maintenance such as theme and plugins updates. CompTech web design experts will help you with your Markham website maintenance needs.
- Hosting and Security – Since WordPress is usually self-hosted, that is just another thing to consider. Website builders are hosted solutions, which means you will not need a third party hosting provider. WordPress, on the other hand, requires an installation of the CMS on a host. CompTech provides domain and hosting support, so you won’t be on your own. Let us help you with your hosting needs for your next WordPress website and web design in Markham.
- SEO – Another important part of web design is of course SEO in Markham. If it is essential for you to be found on Google search you will want to make sure you have SEO flexibility. Builders are usually very limited when it comes to optimizing your website for SEO. WordPress provides plugins and solutions to better control how your website is handling the optimization aspect. It comes down to how customized your website can be.
These are just some factors to consider when choosing a platform for your website. Both website builders and WordPress have advantages and disadvantages. We believe WordPress large community helps it be the top content management system today. There are thousands of themes and plugins to choose from and make your Markham web design idea come to life. SEO is definitely another factor you would want to consider. There is a solution for any requirement, give us a call at 647-822-2667 to discuss your next project.